Monday, June 18, 2012

Special request

For Pam O, and others on the Gourmet Texas Pasta Facebook page, here is Mom's cold pasta salad using Zesty Cajun Linguine. (It was called Spicy Cajun until last week, when I realized half of our products were called Spicy or Roasted something or other. I'm a better editor than that, so Zesty Cajun it is!)
Since this is Mom's recipe, I'll let it speak for itself because even as a simple recipe, I can hear my mother's voice in every line and somedays I still need to hear my Mom's voice. 
Enjoy!


RAGIN’ Cajun Pasta Salad
1 pkg Gourmet Texas Pasta Zesty Cajun Linguine, cooked, drained, cooled, chopped
hard salami, minced 8 oz
ham, minced 8 oz
provolone/mozarella mix cheese, diced or shredded, 8 oz

Set aside.

1 small jar cheap green olives
1 small jar kalamata olives
1 tiny can chopped black olives
4 or 5 cloves garlic
Whirl through the food processor
Pour on olive oil til moistened

Mix pasta, meat, cheese, tapenade.....chill...serve

Voila:  Muffaletta Pasta Salad!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds marvelous! Thank you for sharing. I just tasted the Cajun pasta for the first time last week - and it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete